Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adapting to plan changes



I am usually talking about how I have used some strategy or technology to adapt to a challenge that is the result of brain injury.  Today I'm talking about adapting to my expectations by changing my plans.  Usually I would struggle against the need to scale back my workload.  I have had trouble accepting my limitations in the past, but now have a level of acceptance that allows me to be comfortable with necessary adjustments.

The midterm for the Human-Computer Interaction course that I am taking through Coursera from Stanford, is due tonight by 10:00 PM PDT.  I am finding that I have to spend just a little too much time each day to keep up with the classwork for 5 simultaneous courses.  The Networks: Friends, Money, and Bytes course started on February 4th and ends on May 13th.  I will not start my next class until June 2nd when  and Web Intelligence and Big Data both end.  The best way for me to adapt to my challenges is to scale back my ego.  I am adapting to my capabilities by un-enrolling from my next scheduled course, Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence.  So, the next course I will take is Creative Programming for Digital Media & Mobile Apps. which starts on June 15th.

Every class I have taken through Coursera has been fantastic!  The most recent course I'm taking, Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship is 6 weeks long and is from Duke University.  It is by far the largest class I have been with so far.  The instructor reported that there are 30,000  students enrolled!

No comments:

Post a Comment